Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good Samaritan

Do you remember the story of a good Samaritan wrtten on New Testament in the book of Acts? I pretty well remembered it because our Sunday school teacher may have told it several times. It was a story of a man who willingly helped a robbed and battered man he have seen on a sidewalk. Before that noble act, there were people with expected good character have passed by the way of the robbed man. But sadly, they never extented out a loving hand to the poor guy. But this Good Samaritan is exceptional. He never hesitated to give him a helping hand inspite of his busy life.
Is he the last kind of specie? Is there any modern Good Samaritan which exists now? I guess none. I may have not done the same. Though if I am not that busy and I have lots of money, I'd rather do the same. But what so special about this Good Samaritan is he has nothing. He still has the good heart to extend a hand and help out.

Good Samaritan @ RCBC Marbel
As I saw shinny, big and branded cars pass by the side of the bus i am riding; I am too frustrated to think that while I am too confused to how I can budget all the household stuff and monthly bills, there are people who lived a nice life and has no hard time of paying bills or even alloting a gasoline expense on an expensive car which consumes a liter per kilometer! That day was to busy for me. I really have to do a lot of errands. While thinking about unhealthy things like grudging and self-pitying, I didn't realized that I was in my destination already. I hurriedly ride a tricycle going to the nearest ATM Machine. It was at RCBC Marbel beside Dunkin Donuts. I have to withdraw to pay for our loaned vehicle and to busy stuff for our kid. But incidentally, the ATM prompt something on screen that makes me thought that it has run out of cash. So hurriedly, I left the ATM machine and looked for another ATM Machine. While I was walking a tricycle driver was trying to get my attention and ask me to return to the the last ATM /machine i've been. He then exhaustedly eplained to me that the guy who followed me in the line found the cash I dispensed at RCBC ATM machine. He was asked to run after me. Out of happiness (and nervousness! ofcourse, I nearly lost 5ooo pesos. which by the way, i really badly needed it that time) i just thanked the guy who returned my money (he actually turned over to the guards about the money). I just thanked him. But I forgot to get his name so I ccan thank him formally. Now that I am in my right and calm sense, there is no way i can meet up with him and thank him again. But I hope that God will make a way that he may be able to read this blog. Whoever you are sir, thank you for that noble and honest act. The guy at RCBC Marbel ATM machine, thank you! I will continue to pray for you and your family, that God may give you more blessings and good health. And that He may provide you everything that you needed. God Bless. Kudos to you. I hope there will be a lot of more like you.

No comments: